Today I have an amazing article from a man I know personally. He doesn’t have a blog, but he has written homeschool curriculum, preached, taught Bible studies, and is a very wise Christian. I hope you enjoy! ~Halee
- The human body is a marvelous testimony to the personality and the wisdom of our Creator.
- It is inconceivable that anything so wonderful should have come into existence without the guiding hand of a personal Creator. “He that planted the ear, shall He not hear? He that formed the eye, shall He not see?” Psalm 94:9
- When God created our bodies, He designed them for the highest of all purposes: that they might be used to glorify Him.
When God saves a man He claims all there is of Him. Some have thought (in error) that if the soul is saved, it is a small matter how the body is used. But the believers body is the vehicle through which God expresses Himself, and it is to be recognized as a sanctuary in which God dwells by His spirit, just as He dwelt, first in the Tabernacle and then in the Temple of old.
The body is like the building itself, the Tabernacle, or the Temple, but the spirit of man is the holy of holies. The body, soul and spirit of man are to be kept holy unto the Lord.
All debasing habits, all unlawful appetites, all evil inclinations, gossip, evil speaking, backbiting, and other sins are open before God and being judged in the presence of God.
-Those things must be confessed for what they are SIN, and rigidly turned away from, in order that we may rightly represent Him in this world.
One of the priorities in the Christian life is to glorify and please God with our bodies. This includes:
- Eating right
- Getting proper rest
- Honoring the Lord’s Day
- Proper amount of work and exercise
- Fasting as the Lord leads..Jesus did not say “if you fast”. No, He said, “When you fast”. It is not an option.
Believers are in the state of “Sanctification”. We are in a spiritual growing process-this includes honoring God with our bodies. Anything that grows is constantly changing. When a tree grows, it drops off old limbs and takes on new ones, it self-prunes.
As we grow in knowledge and grace of God, we will be constantly changing. We must be continually looking at all the areas of our life (body, soul, spirit)-We need to daily take inventory of ourselves in these areas.
THEN we must be honestly transparent with God to see where we need to make adjustments in order to live a life that is pleasing to God. If God reveals an area in our life that needs adjusting, we need to look for a Scripture to confirm what we feel He is drawing attention to. Be honest with God and ask Him to confirm it to you through the sacred Scriptures.
God is not interested in how we feel about an area but how we obey. If we are obedient our feeling will change. Another thing you need to understand in order to please God with our bodies, a person must discipline himself. We must discipline ourself in three areas of our Christian life-body-soul-and spirit.
Discipline and self-control are a must.
THE HUMAN BODY IS A MARVELOUS TESTIMONY TO THE PERSONALITY AND THE WISDOM OF GOD.
- This body, which is a wonderful mysterious work of God is a “picture of the church” “Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.” -1 Corinthians 12:27
- The Word Of God uses the human body as an image of the spiritual relationship that exists between Christ and the countless number of sinners who, by an act of spiritual creation called regeneration or the new birth, are joined to Christ and made members of one spiritual body in Him.
When a person comes to faith-At that moment of regeneration-God the Holy Spirit comes to dwell in this body-He is the SPIRITUAL DNA that gives us instructions and maps out for us a regulator of life processes. He leads us, He guides us, He directs us, He convicts us.
-He moves us from where we are to where God the Father wants us to be-
-This Spiritual DNA provides us with life-the life of Christ Himself. “Christ in you, the hope of glory”
- We learned in school that the human body is made up of millions of cells—bone cells—fat cells—blood cells—muscle cells—nerve cells, brain cells.
- What moves these cells to work together? Scientists teach us that once conception takes place, there is locked away in each cell nucleus a strand of DNA.
DNA is the acronym for:
DE OXI RYBO NUC LEIC ACID
DEOXYRIBONUCLEIC ACID is the most important regulator of life processes-it provides instructions to the cells in the physical body.
In the spiritual life, the Holy Spirit provides the same function!
As the body requires DNA for survival-the Holy Spirit provides spiritual life in order for the believer to survive No matter how many times a cell in the body divides, each does so with the same identical DNA. The DNA is so compact that all the genes in all the body’s cells could fit into one ice cube.
However, if the DNA were unwound and joined together end to end, the strand would stretch from earth to the sun and back more than 400 times.
The DNA contains woven instructions, that if written out would fill a 1600 page book of average print.
THE SCRIPTURES TEACH THE HUMAN BODY IS FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE, AND SO IS THE SPIRITUAL BODY-THE CHURCH.
The Bible says that the believer is the Temple of the Holy Spirit-He is the Temple where God dwells–Paul tells us in Romans 12:1-2 that we are to present our bodies to God as a living sacrifice. God has a purpose for each of us–He has a blue print already laid out for us. Even in nature he has blue prints;
- An orange usually has 10 sections.
- A watermelon usually has an even number of stripes.
- Grains, like wheat, barley, and rye have an even number of grains on each stalk.
- In a fully developed ear of corn there is an even number of rows on each ear, an even number of grains in each row, and an even number of silks are in each tassel.
It was no accident that so many things that God has made have such symmetry…..If God plans like this for nature then what about His children—God has a blueprint for each of us–both physical and spiritual-He provides physical DNA for the body and spiritual DNA for the soul.
Life is made up of choices-God wants to use spiritual DNA to build a beautiful mansion for your life but the choice is yours-you can still choose to build a shack. Which side of the spiritual tracks do you want to live on?
But God’s intent is that you build according to His will. He wants you to abide in Christ and live a spirit filled life walking in the Spirit–resisting Satan so he will flee–He does not want you to be conformed to this world but He wants you to be transformed to the renewing of your mind. He wants us to walk in the Spirit so we do not satisfy the lust of the flesh. It’s a choice and if we make the right choice we will know that His will is perfect and good and acceptable.
So build your life according to His will. Make sure that the Lord Jesus Christ is the foundation of your life—Let the Holy Spirit be the master builder using spiritual DNA to map out your life and provide instructions so that you may be able to survive spiritually. He can build far better than you can.
DNA make the difference-the choice is yours-you can either build a shack or allow the Holy Spirit to build a mansion.
Hey everyone, Halee here! I hope you were blessed by this post. If you were, please let me know and I’ll get more material from the writer in the future. 🙂